Subject: Re: Apache, mysql and apache help - beginner
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/09/2003 00:57:42
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:27:08PM +0200, poff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have never setup the Apache and php combination before on netbsd
> so if you have a few minutes I'd greatly appreciate (and share!!) your
> help.
>
> I am looking to:
>
> -use apache as a test server
> -use php as a cgi
>
> So far I have installed apache from pkgsrc, and somehow fiddled enough with
> /etc/hosts to get it to show (using hostname: localhost) the front page.
>
> With php as a CGI however, I am having problems (installed from pkgsrc).
>
> IS there a way to invoke /usr/pkg/bin/php without copying the php cgi to
> htdocs/cgi-bin?

What do you exactly mean with "php as a CGI" ?
How to you want to invoke it (sample URL, please) ?
The 2 ways I see it it either to load php as a apache module (this is
the way I do it), or to start all php scripts with
#!/usr/pkg/bin/php
make them executables and put them in /usr/pkg/libexec/cgi-bin.
Then the php script are cgi executables as others.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>