Subject: Re: Network traffic intermittently halts.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <r@icarus.fisch.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/2003 14:37:16
I'm confident it's not the Mac OS X box.
If I'm logged directly into the NetBSD box and go to ftp a large file such
as Mozilla or something, I see the same behavior in the ftp progress bar.

Transfer moves along at approx 230 KB/sec for a few seconds, then...
Bzzzz, and it drops to zero for 10-15 seconds.

It only seems to happen on downloads.  Something with a large flow of
data.  Intermittent and sporadic traffic doesn't seem to be affected.

Nothing gets logged in /var/log/messages.
I suspect it might be something in the firewall config, but looking
at ipfstat doesn't show anything.

- rog