Subject: Apache, mysql and apache help - beginner
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/08/2003 22:27:08
Hello,

I have never setup the Apache and php combination before on netbsd
so if you have a few minutes I'd greatly appreciate (and share!!) your
help.

I am looking to:

-use apache as a test server
-use php as a cgi

So far I have installed apache from pkgsrc, and somehow fiddled enough with
/etc/hosts to get it to show (using hostname: localhost) the front page.

With php as a CGI however, I am having problems (installed from pkgsrc).

IS there a way to invoke /usr/pkg/bin/php without copying the php cgi to
htdocs/cgi-bin?

I've scoured google and the lists, finding nothing (making me think doubly
stupid).

Basically I'm in a muddle and would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

poff@sixbit.org

Please do not carbon copy replies to me