Subject: Re: rkr@olib.org
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/2003 20:01:41
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 04:07:51PM -0700, Soren Jacobsen wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org> -----
 [...]
> > Maybe my use of cvs was incorrect, but I thought that "update" was supposed
> > to get new directories as well as update old ones, so that "cvs
> > update" should have given me an update of all of pkgsrc, not just the
> > existing files and directories.
>
> cvs(1) has this to say:
> Use the -d option  to  create  any  directories  that exist  in  the

Ah, thanks.  I thought about the -d option that was recommended for updates
(from my memory), but when I scanned the man-pages, I didn't find the
update-specific -d; I only saw the general -d ROOT option and decided
that my memory was foggy.  (^&  Turns out that I can't read, instead, but
my memory's fine.  (But that's okay, I majored in math...)

Thanks again.