Subject: cfs: /etc/exports - export issues
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/03/2003 21:49:59
Hello,

I should have entitled this mail : "cfs for dummies"

3 Questions about cfs:

=====
Getting started.

I compiled cfs from pkgsrc.

Added these to my rc.conf:

rpcbind=YES
mountd=YES
cfsd=YES

Copied the /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/cfsd to /etc/rc.d/cfsd

Now I don't have any /etc/exports file.

I checked out man 5 exports which just confused me even further.

Can anyone give me an example of this file to use with cfsd? The machine I
am
working on is a personal system if that helps (not net connections other
than
pppd).
=====
cfs usage.

What is the order of things to do? I'm a bit confused here.

The cfsd should run, then I do a mount on /crypt (doing so at this stage
gave me

Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered

mount -o intr,-2,-w=4096,-r=4096 127.0.0.1:/null /crypt

I guess that's to do with the above...

When do I use cfs_attach, and cfs_mkdir?

I did read the man pages, but couldn't seem to extract this info.

Basically I want to encrypt certain directories and decrypt when I login to
use
them transparently (which cfs does I understood).
=========
Export laws.

Can I use cfs around the world? More specifically I am going to live in
Cambodia for one year at the end of this month, and I was thinking of
taking
a netbsd system with cfs installed.

Obviously I do not wish to get into any trouble at all with the
authorities,
so... any ideas?

Thanks, sorry for these kiddiot questions.

P~~
--
poff@sixbit.org