Subject: GD and FreeType
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: MySiteMain Admin <admin@mysitemain.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/02/2003 20:19:38
I have installed GD and FreeType as well as PHP-GD. After installing and
running my phpinfo script against the install, FreeType is not being
reported as being enabled in GD. I have re-installed GD, FreeType and php
stuff multiple times in different order and same results.

I am running or have the following installed (info taken from pkg_info):

NetBSD 1.5.2 (GENERIC)
gd-2.0.15
php-gd-4.2.3nb1
freetype2-2.1.4
freetype-1.3.1nb1
freetype-lib-1.3.1nb1
freetype-utils-1.3.1
ap-php-4.2.3
php-4.2.3nb2
and quite a number of different packages... will post if necessary.

My phpinfo.php file reports only the following in th GD section:

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version 2.0 or higher
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

As you can see, there is no reference to FreeType.

I also tried issuing a "pkg_delete freetype2-2.1.4" and got the following
response.
pkg_delete: package `freetype2-2.1.4' is required by other packages:
        php-gd-4.2.3nb1
        gd-2.0.15

The app I am running produces the following error in the log file:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  imagettfbbox()

I have reinstalled all my applications/packages that are related to this
problem and still have the issue. As well, one app I am running reports
the following:

 FreeType is apparently not installed It looks like the FreeType library
is not compiled into GDLib. This is required when Typo3 uses GDLib and
you'll most likely get errors like 'ImageTTFBBox is not a function' or
'ImageTTFText is not a function'.

This is kind of an urgent situation so any help would be greatly
appreciated....