Subject: Re: USB devices dont work ( I see a correlation...)
To: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/22/2003 03:36:54
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Todd Gruhn wrote:

> I purchased a Wingman Rumblepad about 2mo ago.
> I get the error UHUB1: port1, set config at addr2 failed

[...]

> Iget the device problem -- its precipitated by 'set config ...'
> right?
> SO, WHATS "set config at addr2"?? It shows up in all 3 cases
> and seems to be the root of the mess...
> Is there supposed to be more config info input some how;
> ore is this a BIOS/USB problem?

This is a problem with your USB controller.  I do also have a WingMan
RumblePad, and it does work with all of my machines.  But today I found
a PC that gives me the same failure as you see.

What USB controller does your computer have?  The machine that gives me
the error has:

   uhci0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (rev. 0x80)
   uhci0: interrupting at irq 11
   usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
   uhub0 at usb0
   uhub0: VIA Technologie UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

I'll try to fix this, but it may take a couple of weeks before I get the
time to look into it...

   /Krister