Subject: Re: Compiling MPlayer
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/14/2003 22:52:21
> > The lib is there, it's just not using it, maybe I can add something to my
> > configure line?
>
> You could solve that one by doing
>
>     export LDFLAGS='-R/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/X11R6/lib'

Thanks, that and LD_LIBRARY_PATH solved it.

However, I was getting core dumps every recompile, so I just untarred the
pkgsrc, got the bz2 from distfiles, got the font files from the mplayer2
website, booted back into netbsd only to get MD5 errors, overwritten
leading to make install failure (font fail).

I just checked netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/distfiles/mplayer
and the same for freebsd.org and found none of these font files.

What are they? Are they necessary? Where can I get them from? Can I (should
I) just disable them?

Thanks,

poff@sixbit.org