Subject: Re: Compiling MPlayer
To: poff <poff@sixbit.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2003 20:14:58
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, poff wrote:

> I'm on dialup, and as my modem only works in windows I keep having to boot
> back in to d/l files.
>
> It's the dreaded pthread error!
>
> http://poff.sixbit.org/tmp
>
> The lib is there, it's just not using it, maybe I can add something to my
> configure line?

You could solve that one by doing

    export LDFLAGS='-R/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/X11R6/lib'

before "configure", but you should know that "mplayer" doesn't quite
build and run out-of-the-box on NetBSD. The authors refuse to, or
neglect to, take back trivial patches. If the pkgsrc package doesn't
quite meet your needs -- e.g., you probably don't need "faad" support
with DVD decryption disabled -- think about it -- you can always edit
".../mplayer-share/Makefile.common" or ".../Makefile.depends".

Frederick