Subject: Re: sysinst question: What's "Preserve" when labeling disk?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/2003 09:23:15

> Actually, "Preserve" might be a better choice than "newfs".  Or perhaps some
> method other than adding a new column to the partition table, i.e., spell it
> out: "Only partitions prefixed with an asterisk will be newly created.
> Unmarked partitions will be preserved."  Above all, any changes like that
> need to be documented in INSTALL.* and searchable with a unique, literal
> string.  I searched (/) on "Preserve", but nothing came up, so I turned to
> the list for help.

Actually I might change it to 'format', the trick is to find a word
the most people will understand.  It is also generally better to
say what you are going to do, rather than what you are not going to do.

These is scope for a longer legend on the 'editing the partition' screen
(one field per line there).  Also someone could write some 'help' texts
for the screens (although they might have to be excluded from install_tiny).

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk