Subject: Updating a Stable BSD Release
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/06/2003 21:59:32
Hi

Finally got my own NetBSD box working.  Trying to update the sources
so that I can rebuild the kernel to include the latest security fixes.
Looked at the FAQ...

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/updating.html

followed the easy to understand instructions..

"$ cd /usr/src
        $ cvs co -r netbsd-1-6 -dP

 To update an existing source tree:

        $ cd /usr/src
        $ cvs update -dP"

All that's happening is that I get a large pile of text falling down
the screen which says... "cvs update: No CVSROOT specified! Please use
the -d option."  Using the -d option results in another pile of text
on the screen.

Do I have to set the CVS environment variable ?  If so how do I do
that ?  Sorry to ask here bit man pages aren't working either so not
much info available to read.  Had a look at the NetBSD FAQs on the
site and can't quite understand what to do.

Thanks

Richard
www.sheflug.co.uk