Subject: Re: WYSE Winterm 3315SE and NetBSD - could it be any use?
To: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Pasternak?= <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: John Gordon <mailing.lists@dial.pipex.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2003 23:05:16
Hello,

> I can buy WYSE Winterm 3315SE for about 50 USD (specs at
> http://www.wyse.com/service/discontd/winterm/wint3000/3315.htm). It comes
> with MS Windows CE preinstalled and it's said to be MS Windows terminal.

You can get IBM Network Station 1000 devices for about US$10 on ebay at
the moment, and I have a port of NetBSD to that platform . Not the  X
server yet, but if you want a little bit of a project... The board is
PPC based (a 200MHz 603e).

If you do get one though make sure (a) it is the 1000 model (8362-Axx)
and (b) that it is the ethernet one and not the token ring model that
they made.

I have more info in my TWiki site at:

http://www.bluedonkey.org/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Netbsd/WebHome

By the way, if you're not interested in a project, you can boot the
original OS onto this and it has a full X server and Windows client
capabilities too I believe (I only tried the X server connecting to my
Linux box and that worked well - should work to connect to any X server
the same way and all the docs are online - you can even download the s/w
from IBM free of charge).

HTH,
John...

--