Subject: Re: installing perl on "small" disk
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2003 10:11:57
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:26:54AM +0900, henry nelson wrote:
> I've been trying to unpack, compile and then install Perl-5.8.0 on a single
> file system with just slightly more than 100MB of space.  It compiles out-

Just under the wire (102% capacity, no errors).  The final install took
up 25%+ of the file system.  [Sure wish so many other applications wouldn't
require perl to install them.]  Someone might know a better way, but the
following after `make test` "worked."

   rm -rf t vos vms win32   (and any other oses you'll not need support for)
   vi Makefile   (edit the install.perl target so that binaries are stripped)
   make install.perl

henry nelson