Subject: Anyone working on a driver for Atmel AT76C502A based wifi cards?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@zachfine.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/30/2003 14:43:46
Hello there, I bought a cheap wireless card, a Belkin F5d6020, as I
thought it was based on the Prism 2 chipset. It turns out that the
version I bought is a F5D6020 v.2, which is based on an Atmel wifi
chipset (AT76C502A).

It looks as though there's a Linux driver for this chipset:
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/atmeldrv/atmeldrv.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/atmelwlandriver/

I don't see any *BSD drivers for this card or Atmel chipset floating
around on the web. I don't think I'm capable of porting a Linux
hardware driver over to NetBSD, but maybe someone else has already
done so or is currently working on it?

If a driver's not on the way, I'll probably sell the card on eBay. But
if someone's working on a driver, I'd gladly send them my card to use
for testing purposes.

-Zach Fine
zach@zachfine.com