Subject: Re: xterm: Can't execvp screen; sleep 10: Permission denied
To: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
From: Pierre-Philipp Braun <ppwb@club-internet.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/2003 04:29:20
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Geoff Wing wrote:
> Presumably this isn't being launched from a shell but from a window
> application or window manager.  Is that right?

It's being launched from another xterm.

> Also, you haven't specified what you're trying to do.  Why do you want the
> sleep there?

Because if i do xterm -e screen i don't even have the time to see any error
message.

> If it was launched through a shell, it would run screen then upon exit or
> disconnect from screen it would sleep ten seconds before closing the
> xterm.  Since I can't see why you would want to do this, I'm guessing you
> want to do something else.
>
> : So how to launch a screen into an xterm?
>
> xterm -e screen

I just tryed

xterm -display :0.1 -e screen

on console, in fact this works, unlike typing 'screen' or 'xterm -e screen'
into an xterm.

Is there a way to launch a screen into an xterm within X ?

--
Pierre-Philipp