Subject: Problem program ogle...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bpstark@pacbell.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/28/2003 23:46:59
Hi,

Yesterday I tried running the ogle package after compiling and installing
it and I saw this error message:

rainforest:{root}# ogle -u gui
kwin: not found
Error during dlsym of glade_init: Cannot open "/usr/X11R6/lib/libxml.so.9"
rainforest:{root}#

Thinking maybe something was screwed up with my installed packages, I
decided to remove all of my installed packages, clear out /var/db/pkg and
rebuild the packages I use. However, I am still running into the same error
message.

The library that ogle is trying to find is installed, and can be shown
here:

rainforest:{root}# pkg_admin dump | grep libxml.so.9
file: /usr/pkg/lib/libxml.so.9                           pkg:
libxml-1.8.17nb1
file: /usr/pkg/lib/libxml.so.9.17                        pkg:
libxml-1.8.17nb1
rainforest:{root}#

The above output shows that the xml library was installed under /usr/pkg
instead of under /usr/X11R6. I have seen similar strangeness with other
packages (xscreensaver is one that seems to be installed under
/usr/pkg sometimes and other times under /usr/X11R6).

Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone explain this? Short of creating a
number of symlinks for the necessary libraries, is there something I can
do so things compile right and end up where they should go?

(BTW, I should note that running the command line interface for ogle
works, it is just the gui interface that I am having trouble with).

thanks,

Brian Stark
bpstark at pacbell dot net