Subject: Re: no "japanese" in pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/28/2003 09:25:42
henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp> typed:
: On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:56:39AM +0200, Alistair Crooks wrote:
:> > I downloaded pkgsrc.tar.gz twice in the last week, but when I unpack it,
:> > all I see in the subdirectory "japanese" is CVS and README.html.  What
:> > happened to all the packages, canna-lib, jgrep, etc., under that category?
:> We transferred the packages to other categories, and then removed the

Most are normally in normal categories with Japanese specific packages
prepended with "ja-".  The only likely detractor from that is
pkgsrc/inputmethod

: I can see that, but it's going to be a pest for a while to hunt them all
: down again. :)  The _main_ function of those programs was that they handled
: the Japanese encoding mess.  It used to be nice to go into _one_ directory
: to solve all your problems.

Why is that a problem?
% sh -c "ls -d /usr/pkgsrc/*/ja-*"

: One more quicky: I'm not finding a "mk.conf" sample under the subdirectory
: "mk."  Didn't there used to be a "mk.conf.example" in there?  TIA.

Look through  pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk  for /etc/mk.conf settable variables.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@rxvt.org>