Subject: Re: no "japanese" in pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/28/2003 17:39:21
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:56:39AM +0200, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 12:52:50PM +0900, henry nelson wrote:
> > I downloaded pkgsrc.tar.gz twice in the last week, but when I unpack it,
> > all I see in the subdirectory "japanese" is CVS and README.html.  What
> > happened to all the packages, canna-lib, jgrep, etc., under that category?
>
> We transferred the packages to other categories, and then removed the
> japanese category, because the packages are better placed functionally
> within the other categories, and having individual categories for each
> locale does not scale well.

I can see that, but it's going to be a pest for a while to hunt them all
down again. :)  The _main_ function of those programs was that they handled
the Japanese encoding mess.  It used to be nice to go into _one_ directory
to solve all your problems.

One more quicky: I'm not finding a "mk.conf" sample under the subdirectory
"mk."  Didn't there used to be a "mk.conf.example" in there?  TIA.

henry nelson