Subject: Re: installing perl modules as user in a directory with permissions
To: Raketnet <jordivvz@raketnet.nl>
From: Joe Reed <jnr@cwru.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/2003 02:42:34
you can put perl modules in any directory you want.  perl automatically will
check the current directory for modules.

if you want to have something like the following
somedir/perl_mods
somedir/perl_scripts

then you will need to use the 'use lib' command in perl (assuming
perl >= 5.6.x) as follows

$ cat somedir/perl_scripts/foo.pl
#!/path/to/perl
use lib '../perl_mods'; #syntax is use lib '/path/to/perl_include_directory';

This will append the path to the end (beginning?) of the @INC array and the
module search path.

--joe