Subject: Re: mysql-client
To: Dmitry V. Bulashev <dima@tcavs.ru>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/2003 22:47:13
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:53:25PM +0600, Dmitry V. Bulashev wrote:
> hi,
> after cvs update -Pd mysql-client
> i do :
> checking for gcc... cc
> checking whether the C compiler (cc -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include
> -Wl,/usr/pkg/lib/mysql -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client
> ns#

That looks a lot like a mission -L/usr/pkg/lib/mysql. Look at the
config.log file which was created (presumably in
/usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-client/work/<somewhere>/config.log),
the last lines will tell you which kind of program it was trying
to compile, which command line it used etc. There you might also
find better hints on what went wrong. Post the settings of your
mk.conf, any overrides of COPTS/CFLAGS/LDFLAGS etc. from your
environment and the tail of the config.log here, and we might help
you better.

-Martin