Subject: Re: how more than 25 lines in NetBSD console?
To: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@biodata.de>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2003 21:05:36
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:02:37PM +0200, Nicolas Saurbier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did these changes, but now, only half of the letters appear...
> In each line, I only see the upper half of the Letters.

Yeah, wsfont handling was broken with the introduction of changes
that went into 1.6. What platform are you on again? I'm guessing
it works in the usual case on the i386.

I've taken a look at getting it working on the Alpha. I've gotten
as far as adding wsfont into the device table (in the kernel) and
making a device node in /dev. Font loading seems to work, but I
get an empty font. Bummer. It worked fine in 1.5.x on each of
my Alphas, but I didn't get the video card in the "blank font" machine
until after I put 1.6 on it.

I have a PR open on wsfont, but I don't have the number handy.

It's on my list of things to look at right after I put down a couple
of other projects. Hopefully someone responsible will fix it before
then because at the rate I'm going it'll be next year sometime before
I try my hand again.

"Hi, my name is Joe User."

(chorus) "Hi Joe!"

"What is mathematics? The age-old answer is, of course, that mathematics
 is what mathematicians do." - Donald Knuth