Subject: attaching disks after boot probe
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/2003 12:17:17
I have some mass storage devices that can attach to the USB port or to
the PCMCIA bus.  I am wondering whether the kernel can be made to
recognize them after the boot probe is complete (i.e., if they are
attached sometime after booting).  Things like a mouse or a wireless
interface that connect directly to the USB or PCMCIA interfaces work
fine.  The problem is getting the intermediate driver layers (e.g.,
scsibus attached to usb) installed so that the actual device drivers
will attach.

Is this at all possible, or must the devices be present at boot time?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook