Subject: Re: userland interface driver for isdnctl? ippp or isp?
To: Thomas Hafner <hafner@sdf-eu.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2003 16:41:03
--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

* Thomas Hafner (hafner@sdf-eu.org) wrote:
>=20
> how can I dial out and hangup explicitely to get and release a
> synchronous PPP connection over ISDN? The man page of isdnd says
> something which may have to do with that:

You can setup autodial for isdn and use ifconfig [up|down] to en-/disable
ippp0.

>=20
> In addition I'm confused about the parameter usrdevicename in
> /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc. Examples from a book and the web teach me to set
> usrdevicename to ippp, but the man page suggests isp rather than ippp.
> What's correct?

I used ippp0, ifconfig -a should show you which name your ISDN device has.

--=20
Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now
sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow
More a man, more stripes you bare, glory seeker trends
bodies fill the fields I see, the slaughter never ends      - METALLICA

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--