Subject: userland interface driver for isdnctl? ippp or isp?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Hafner <hafner@sdf-eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2003 13:21:31
Hello,

how can I dial out and hangup explicitely to get and release a
synchronous PPP connection over ISDN? The man page of isdnd says
something which may have to do with that:

|MSG_DIALOUT_IND
|        A userland interface driver requests the daemon to dial out
|        (typically a network interface when a packet arrives in its
|        send queue).

What's a suitable userland program? I couldn't yet find one.

In addition I'm confused about the parameter usrdevicename in
/etc/isdn/isdnd.rc. Examples from a book and the web teach me to set
usrdevicename to ippp, but the man page suggests isp rather than ippp.
What's correct?

I'm playing with NetBSD 1.6 for i386.

Regards
  Thomas