Subject: Re: moving netbsd partition to larger disk
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@chemi.muni.cz>
From: webmaster@datazap.net <webmaster@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/18/2003 13:51:39
Hi,

The best way to move it to another hard drive is with dump|restore.

 e. g. (assuming sd1a and sd1e are the new / and /usr filesystems,
 respectively, and are already newfs'd.)

 # mount -o async /dev/sd1a /mnt
 # mount -o async /dev/sd1e /mnt/usr
 # cd /mnt
 # dump -0 -f - / | restore -rf -
 # cd /mnt/usr
 # dump -o -f - /usr | restore -rf -
 # umount /mnt/usr
 # umount /mnt

Also, there is a way to put make the disk bootable, but I can't think of
it right now. Maybe someone else could help you out with this.

-Al