Subject: can't stop virecover at boot time
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Wild <markw@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2003 05:57:47
Hi,
I am in a bit of a quandry. I am trying to stop virecover starting when I
boot up.
I found the virecover script in /etc/rc.d/, I thought a "virecover=NO" in
/etc/rc.conf would stop it, but it still runs. I looked in
/etc/defaults/rc.d and could not find any mention of virecover. I then
grep'ed the whole of /etc/ for virecover and found only the script in the
rc.d directory. I have checked the man pages and can't find anything
useful.
There is also something similar going on with sendmail, I set sendmail=NO
in /etc/rc.conf but it still tries to start, but not at every boot (which
is odd).
Is there a second mechanism for starting up programs at boot, other than
the rc system? Have I missed some part of how rc works or is this
something, perhaps, to do with init?
If someone could point me in the right direction (a relevent man page?) I
would be very grateful.

Mark Wild

mailto:markw@sdf.lonestar.org