Subject: Re: USB Modems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nenad Crnko <nc@pcmagic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/16/2003 16:42:26
Carlos de Avelar Portela wrote:
>I'm almost buying a Zoom modem (USB, model 2986) but not sure it will
>work on my P4 and/or on my G3, both with NetBSD 1.6.
>
>Can you help with some information?

At least on 1.6 and 1.6Q (and I think 1.5 as well) it works out of the
box :

  umodem0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 2 interface 0
  umodem0: Zoom Telephonics, Inc. Zoom V90 USB Faxmodem, rev 1.00/1.00,
  addr 2, iclass 2/2
  umodem0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break
  umodem0: status change notification available
  ucom0 at umodem0

In my box it becomes accessible through /dev/ttyU0.

Help with setting up a dial-up can be found here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/#ppp

s/tty01/ttyU0/