Subject: Re: A PDF editor for NetBSD?
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Alastair Rankine <a_rankine@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/2003 20:19:13
At 10:46 AM 4/14/2003 -0400, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
>Am wondering if anybody has used or knows of a PDF editor for NetBSD.
[...]
>I suppose I could study XSL:FO and FOP but am hoping for an easy out since
>I won't be using it that often. Firstly it is aimed at avoiding MS-Word so
>as to distribute my resume. To give it out as PDF would be cool. But it
>should not look kludgy, yes?

One word: DocBook

This is a standardized SGML/XML dialect for technical documentation. There
are some extremely customizable XSL stylesheets for producing HTML and
XSL-FO from DocBook source.

Everything you ever wanted to know about DocBook is at most two clicks away
from here: http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/docbookmarks/

I have been using it for all my technical documentation at my Day Job for
about 2 years now.

You're even in luck, there's some Docbook samples for writing resumes:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/contrib/xsl/resume/