Subject: Re: A PDF editor for NetBSD?
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/2003 19:43:56
I asked:
>>Am wondering if anybody has used or knows of a PDF editor for
>>NetBSD.
>>
>>I've been playing with this...
>>
>>html -> html2ps -> ps->pdf
>>
>>...and it works okay.

James K. Lowden answered:
> But only OK, because HTML not a typesetting language is.
>
> If you're entertaining keeping your résumé in something less proprietary,
> why not use XML?  That seems right up your alley.

I reply:

Easy enough and already done via XSLT no less. A PDF
is an auxiliary for all those HR doophuses (doofi?)
who haven't bothered to upgrade their MSIE since
version 4. Big corps like Dana, Eaton and Pfizer
want to email it around internally. I had used to
give them a MS-Word version...but kind of yuck,
yes?

Is working good to do this...

XML -> XSLT -> HTML -> PostScript ->
hand tweak -> ps2pdf

...I found a doc on PDF so now I can manually
insert bookmarks into the PDF. And using
Mozilla for the HTML -> PS as per Jeremey's
instruction saves all my CSS. So far it's cool.

Thanks though,

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird