Subject: Re: pb whem i'm logging
To: guillaume meurice <weel31@yahoo.fr>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/2003 22:17:56
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 01:09:01PM +0200, guillaume meurice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first post in this mailing-list, so hello
> all.
>
> I'm a new netbSD user, and i'm beggining with unix.
> first of all, i'd like to informe you that i'm not
> informatician. My work bring me to use an unix system,
> and now, for my hobbies, i'd like to go trought the
> blak box. So i decided to install netBSD on my
> computer.
>
> I've installed netBSD, sudo & zsh package.
> I've also made an xf86cfg to get Xwindows.
>
> my problem is that after i enter my login & my passwd,
> the root window comes and contain the console, 4
> buttons (client, shudowm, checkpoint, and ...can't
> remeber the 4th) and that all.
> from this window, i can't launch any xterm (there's no
> mouse menu)
>
> have you any idea to help me ?

Hum, by default it should also start an xterm
Try to create a .xsession file in your home directory with this:
#! /bin/sh
xterm &
exec twm

and them make it executable: chmod a+x .xsession
Now you can read the twm manual and build you a .twmrc config file for the
window manager (or install another window manager :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>