Subject: Re: A PDF editor for NetBSD?
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <tomasz@luchowski.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/14/2003 17:10:49
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 10:46:11AM -0400, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> Am wondering if anybody has used or knows of a PDF editor for
> NetBSD.
>
> I've been playing with this...
>
> html -> html2ps -> ps->pdf

[...]
> Firstly it is
> aimed at avoiding MS-Word so as to distribute my resume. To
> give it out as PDF would be cool. But it should not look
> kludgy, yes?

OpenOffice 1.1beta (earlier version don't) has PDF export/import support;
I have tried it on Windows, and saving as PDF indeed worked,
and the result looked excellent - far better than I expected,
having tried printing to "file" and converting the PostScript output
to PDF in the past. If rewriting your resume in OpenOffice
is acceptable, I'd say go for it! It's what I decided to do,
after several attempts to build the resume in TeX; the way
I wanted the result to look like was far too complex, considering
my limited TeX experience.

I dunno whether Linux version of 1.1beta works under NetBSD, though,
I have yet to try it.

Regards,
  Tomasz

--