Subject: No source after install?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frank DeChellis <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2003 12:31:26
Hi!

I am trying to be more self sufficient with my server admin and it's
actually going pretty good.  I do have one server, however, that I built a
short while ago using the auto build procedure for 1.6 and I can't seem to
find any source code anywhere.   I can also not find any compile directories
where my kernel may have been built, etc etc.  The directory displayed in
uname -v does not exist.  Is there an option in the auto build function that
allowed me to not want source code left on my system?

I want to update my system using cvs but I keep getting all kinds of little
error but I suspect they all stem from the fact that it can't find any
source code anywhere.

I know I need to run that other script because the cvs modules were merged
back in December but I can't even do that.

OK...if there is an option to not save source code and if I did select that,
is there a way to put the course code there or upgrade my server using CVS

Thanks
Frank

Here is the version I have right now:
NetBSD 1.6 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Sep  8 19:43:40 UTC 2002
autobuild@tgm.daemon.org:/autobuild/i386/OBJ/autobuild/src/sys/arch/i386/com
pile/GENERIC

Thanks
Frank DeChellis, President