Subject: Re: Building Netbsd
To: Jayanta Tewari <Jayanta_Tewari@forgent.com>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2003 09:00:35
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 07:03:22PM -0500, Jayanta Tewari wrote:
> Ok.I could make the initial setup in my cygwin environment on Win2K.
> I ran build.sh as "build.sh -m i386 build" and getting an error in nbmake
> configuration as
> " checking for C compiler default output...configure:error:C compiler cannot
> create executables"

Have a look at config.log (somewhere in /tmp I believe), that should tell you
why the C compiler couldn't create an executable.

> I thought that might be for my i386 option it is trying to create exe.I
> tried with "-m sun2" but that did not help either.

It will be trying to create a win32/i386 executable berkeley make, it'll start
actual compilation of netbsd/i386 executables later.

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk
http://www.toth.org.uk/~strawberry