Subject: Error on make update for xscreensaver
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2003 21:48:19
Trying to 'make update' on /usr/pkgsrc/x11/xscreensaver
on a pkgsrc.tar.gz just renewed today on NetBSD 1.6 I get
this error...

<snip>
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for XmuLookupStandardColormap in -lXmu... yes
checking for glGetError in -lGL... yes
checking for gluNewQuadric in -lGLU... yes
checking for glutSwapBuffers in -lglut... no
configure: error: Cannot find required glut library
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/gle
*** Error code 1
</snip>

I tried to fix it like so...

<snip>
cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/glut
make update
</snip>

...which seemed to go okay since I get...

<snip>
baal: {5} pkg_info glut
Information for glut-5.0:

Comment:
GLUT Graphics library similar to SGI's OpenGL

Requires:
MesaLib>=5.0

   Mesa is a 3-D graphics library with an API which is very
similar to that
of OpenGL*.  To the extent that Mesa utilizes the OpenGL
command syntax
or state machine, it is being used with authorization from
Silicon Graphics,
Inc.  However, the author makes no claim that Mesa is in any way a
compatible replacement for OpenGL or associated with Silicon
Graphics, Inc.
Those who want a licensed implementation of OpenGL should
contact a licensed
vendor.  This software is distributed under the terms of the
GNU Library
General Public License, see the LICENSE file for details.

   This is the GLUT part of the MesaDemos distribution.

Homepage:
http://www.mesa3d.org/

baal: {6}
</snip>

...but trying to continue, or even redo
'make update' on xscreensaver just keeps giving
that same complaint about 'glut' library being
missing.

Any clues?

TIA,

Gan