Subject: Re: pkgsrc & library problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Dominic Jones <jonesd@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2003 14:49:06
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:24:20PM -0700, Dominic Jones wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to reinstall software from pkgsrc, and have run into what
>>appears to be a library related problem. The software (gnucash) compiles
>>normally, but gives warnings about .la files (such as libiconv.la) that
>>appear to have moved. When I try to run the program, I get:
>>
>>/usr/pkg/lib/gnucash/libgw-app-utils.so.0: Undefined PLT symbol
>>"gw_wct_create" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 95)
>>
>>Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening here?
>

> On what arch are your running ? current or 1.6 (or older) ?
> This looks like a bug in the linker which sometimes shows up on alpha,
> maybe others. I think it's supposed to be fixed in current.

I'm running 1.5.2 on i386.

> Also, check with ldd on the executable what libraries the executable
> uses, and use nm to check in which library gw_wct_create is.

Ugh. gnucash (the "executable") is actually a script running a guile
function. So, this seems to be embedded one level deeper, within guile.
The library causing the problem appears to be created by g-wrap. I've
already updated g-wrap and guile14 to the newest versions (as of 2 weeks
ago).