Subject: Re: pkgsrc & library problem
To: Dominic Jones <jonesd@acm.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2003 22:38:30
On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:24:20PM -0700, Dominic Jones wrote:
> I'm trying to reinstall software from pkgsrc, and have run into what
> appears to be a library related problem. The software (gnucash) compiles
> normally, but gives warnings about .la files (such as libiconv.la) that
> appear to have moved. When I try to run the program, I get:
>
> /usr/pkg/lib/gnucash/libgw-app-utils.so.0: Undefined PLT symbol
> "gw_wct_create" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 95)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening here?

On what arch are your running ? current or 1.6 (or older) ?
This looks like a bug in the linker which sometimes shows up on alpha,
maybe others. I think it's supposed to be fixed in current.

Also, check with ldd on the executable what libraries the executable
uses, and use nm to check in which library gw_wct_create is.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>