Subject: Re: Followup on my previous message (lyx + KDE3.1.1)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2003 11:02:47
On Tuesday 08 April 2003 10:43 am, Sung N. Cho wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> This is a followup on my earlier message with title:
> "/usr/pkgsrc/editors/lyx-qt problem! + KDE 3.1.1 with XFree86-4.3 issue"
>
> Seems like the lyx problem with math symbols have been solved by removing
> the ".qt" and the ".fonts.conf"  in my home directory.  Unfortunately, I
> only ran lyx after removing both so I am not sure if only .qt or
> .fonts.conf have been responsible or maybe both.  Thank you.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> S. N. Cho,
> Tuesday, April 08, 2003.

Good morning,

It was .qt folder that was creating the problem.  I have now resorted by
removing the .qt folder than creating one in my home directory .qt folder as
a root and made it read only so the next time I  log in to KDE, it doesn't
get modified.  Now everything seem to be working.  I am seeing the math fonts
in LyX (usr/pkgsrc/editors/lyx-qt) and no longer have the ugly fonts when I
disable the antialiasing (not everyone likes antialiasing!).  Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
S. N. Cho,
Tuesday, April 08, 2003.

--