Subject: /usr/pkgsrc/editors/lyx-qt problem! + KDE 3.1.1 with XFree86-4.3 issue
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/08/2003 09:34:29
Good morning,

I have been using /usr/pkgsrc/editors/lyx-qt for a while now (lyx-1.3.1, qt
frontend).  But, after installing KDE 3.1.1 (two days ago), the math symbols
no longer gets displayed in my papers!  Instead, I get text versions for the
symbols.  It was working just fine without KDE or KDE3.1; only began to have
this problem after installing KDE 3.1.1.  Any idea about this?  LyX website
recommends installing latex-ttf fonts but I don't recall having this problem
with KDE 3.1 or without KDE installed at all.  So it seems, it is not a
problem with qt nor qt-frontend; but, somehow, KDE3.1.1 must have modified
something.  Unless there's a solution, I may need to resort to deinstalling
KDE3.1.1 and use qt-frontend lyx under other window manager.

Other than this, KDE3.1.1 with XFree86 4.3 doesn't seem to allow you to
disable font aliasing.  When I disable font aliasing, I get very ugly
letters!  I've never had this problem with KDE3.1 or KDE3.1.1 with XFree86
4.2.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
S. N. Cho,