Subject: pkgsrc problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dominic Jones <jonesd@acm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/07/2003 13:03:42
Hi. Does anyone have any advice for dealing with a messed up pkgsrc?
While most applications work fine, I appear to have a deeply buried
dependency on an out-of-date package that keeps gphoto2 from building,
gnucash from running, and mozilla from displaying file dialogs properly
(strange characters appear instead of filenames). I'm tempted to just
delete every package and start from scratch, but don't want to take the
system down for that much compilation. I've used "make update" on all
three misbehaving apps. The only clues that I've come across are that
gnucash's problems appear to be in a library provided by g-wrap, and
gphoto2's problem appears to be in libcdk (provided by cdk). Oh, and
gnucash keeps giving warnings about moved libraries during the build
process.

My best guess is that I have some obsolete libraries lying around that
are being used instead of their newer versions.

Any suggestions? I'm running NetBSD 1.5.2 on i386.