Subject: Re: SSH/SSHD problems.
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <rotting@gigacorpse.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/03/2003 07:10:33
> I'm experiencing problems with SSH and SSHD:
> when SSHing to my own NetBSD 1.6 box with SSHD
> on, it asks for login. When logging in, it only
> says access denied, no matter who I try to login
> as (obviously with the right password, ahem*). My
> friend who also runs NetBSD with SSH is
> experiencing the same problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Arlen.

My experiences using SSH and SSHD have been good.  I turned sshd on
and I was able to gain remote access using Putty on my computer at
work; no fuss, no muss. The only thing I stumbled on was that I
couldn't log on as root via SSH (a wise security setting) but since I
was part of the wheel group, su still worked.

--
Jeff Flowers

NetBSD: It smells like Unix.