Subject: Re: Any possibility for undelete?
To: Bryan P <u6@terran.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/28/2003 21:44:03
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:59:57 -0800 (PST)
Bryan P <u6@terran.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My wife blew away some files through netatalk which were stored on an FFS
> partition.  I've basically told her I think they're gone for good, but I
> know that they are probably still largely intact on disk.  Is there any,
> possibly arduous, way for me to pull them back?
>
> Thanks for any tips,
> -bp
> --
> # Software Engineer

You could try using security/tct from pkgsrc. I expect that arduous would
describe how painful looking for the files in question would be. Perhaps you
can use the fact that they were mac files to look for some sort of mac
header? Sadlt, it might be less work to build a time machine and go back to
the past and install amanda. :-)

Best of luck.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing

"A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his
clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright