Subject: fstab questions
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Knappe <omfk@para1.rz.tu-harburg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/27/2003 21:03:28
			Hallo!

I have some questions about some entries in /etc/fstab.

trinity# less /usr/share/examples/fstab/fstab.md
#       $NetBSD: fstab.md,v 1.1 2002/05/04 19:44:34 jdolecek Exp $

/kern   /kern   kernfs  rw      0 0
/proc   /proc   procfs  rw      0 0

less /usr/share/examples/fstab/fstab.wd0.1
#       $NetBSD: fstab.wd0.1,v 1.1 2002/05/04 19:44:36 jdolecek Exp $
/dev/wd0a       /       ffs     rw              1 1
#/dev/wd0b      none    swap    sw              0 0
kernfs          /kern   kernfs  rw              0 0
procfs          /proc   procfs  rw              0 0

So what's the correct syntax for the kern and proc mounts?

The second question is related to the last two digit entries
for my windows partition and my floppy. Right now I have the follwong
entries:
/dev/wd0h       /mnt/pinboard   msdos   rw,noauto       1       3
/dev/fd0a       /mnt/floppy     msdos   rw,noauto       1       0

Is this okay?

In the NetBSD guide there is a statement that for a often use of the
floppy the mtools package is helpful (No need for mounting). I Installed
the mtools package, but I can't use any command.
trinity# mdir
Drive 'A:' not supported
Cannot initialize 'A:

What's missing?