Subject: Re: Film Gimp
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Robin Rowe <rower@MovieEditor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/25/2003 00:22:17
Jeremy,

> J. Lam added filmgimp-0.15 to pkgsrc (as graphics/filmgimp) for NetBSD in
> January. Looks like no patches or any special configs were needed.

That's good to know, thanks!

> That's what I understood. Do you know of any open source alternatives?
>
> The last I (unsuccessfully) began to look at were Crow (which hasn't been
> worked on for a few years) and Broadcast 2000 (which I think is dead).

For open source video editors, Kino seems the most widely used now. There's
a new one coming called Cuisine that's a lot more sophisticated. That was
demonstrated at a Linux Movies Group meeting a few months ago. Not packaged
for installation yet, but available from CVS.

http://www.linuxmovies.org/meeting/2002/11.07.highlights.html

Cheers,

Robin
www.LinuxMovies.org www.FilmGimp.org