Subject: Re: Film Gimp
To: Robin Rowe <rower@MovieEditor.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2003 22:21:05
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Robin Rowe wrote:

> Nobody has reported trying Film Gimp on NetBSD, but it should build without
> difficulty. It does on FreeBSD.

J. Lam added filmgimp-0.15 to pkgsrc (as graphics/filmgimp) for NetBSD in
January. Looks like no patches or any special configs were needed.

> > I am especially interested to find a good, open source tool for: importing
> > mpeg other video via firewire or my brooktree card; be able to move around
> > individual frames, remove frames, insert frames, duplicate frames;  keep
> > the audio in sync; add text (and effects); and be able to export to
> > various formats.
>
> Film Gimp is a motion picture painting and retouching tool, sort of a
> Photoshop for movies. It isn't a video editor like Avid or Premiere. For a

That's what I understood. Do you know of any open source alternatives?

The last I (unsuccessfully) began to look at were Crow (which hasn't been
worked on for a few years) and Broadcast 2000 (which I think is dead).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/