Subject: Re: Film Gimp
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Robin Rowe <rower@MovieEditor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2003 22:12:58
Jeremy,

> Exciting! I have been meaning to work on FilmGimp under NetBSD. If you
> need help porting any of your software to NetBSD, be sure to ask.

Nobody has reported trying Film Gimp on NetBSD, but it should build without
difficulty. It does on FreeBSD.

> I am especially interested to find a good, open source tool for: importing
> mpeg other video via firewire or my brooktree card; be able to move around
> individual frames, remove frames, insert frames, duplicate frames;  keep
> the audio in sync; add text (and effects); and be able to export to
> various formats.

Film Gimp is a motion picture painting and retouching tool, sort of a
Photoshop for movies. It isn't a video editor like Avid or Premiere. For a
detailed description see:

http://filmgimp.sourceforge.net/user/use.filmgimp.html

Cheers,

Robin