Subject: m4 mycf.mc cant re-direct
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas M Clarke <bsd@tmcgames.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/24/2003 16:05:45
Hello Everyone,

I'm reading through the netbsd guide trying to setup sendmail (section
12.1.1) I've got down to running the following command:
m4 mycf.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

it complains about an OSTYPE macro thats missing, I looked it up and
inserted what I thought the appropriate line would be in mycf.mc to make it
work:
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dn1

Even if I have that line included in mycf.mc I still get the error message
about a missing OSTYPE. The strange thing is, this only happens when I try
to re-direct or pipe the output to something else, if I do m4 mycf.mc it
outputs what it should be re-directing to sendmail.cf without any problem,
as such I can't complete the steps to configure sendmail.

Thanks

Thomas M Clarke