Subject: AWE64 - Device busy
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sookocheff <kbs464@mail.usask.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/21/2003 19:48:45
Hi,

    I've been working on configuring my soundcard for use in NetBSD.
 Now, I have a Creative SB AWE64 PnP card.  Here is a line from my dmesg:

isapnp0: <Creative SB AWE64 PnP, CTL0022, , WaveTable> port 0x620/4 not
configure

Now, to my understanding this is one of the cards that is supported by
NetBSD.  So, I went to /dev and ran "./MAKEDEV all" to enable /dev/audio
/dev/sound /dev/mixer.  Now, when I send anything to /dev/audio (ex: cat
test > /dev/audio) I get a 'Device busy' error and when I try to play
anything under KDE nothing happens.  I'm all out of ideas.  I've heard
that I may have to recompile the kernel in order to enable sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin