Subject: FW: FW: oh man...i can't find man. :-(
To: NetBSD <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <fernando@rxp.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/20/2003 12:30:11
Hi Richard.

> Re. http://www.dubbele.com/ : That's a firewall project "based on NetBSD",
> as they say on their web-page.  They don't promise that when you setup up
> their firewall system that you get a complete NetBSD install.

Yeah, I know that now...  :-)
> If you have a spare machine (or a machine that you're willing to
> dual-boot),
> you could install the regular NetBSD on that machine, and use it for
> reference, leaving your firewall untouched.  (This is actually what
> I'd recommend, since it allows you to make judgements about whether you
> want to modify your firewall or not *before* making such modifications.)
I have lots of machines so that's what I decided to do. I'm going to see
about getting the cd (or iso) and start experimenting. I did it once before
but it was on a VPC and for some reason I couldn't get NetBSD to configure
the virtual nics before my trial version of VPC expired. I'm sure I'll have
better luck with real nics like I did with the firewall project.

> The firewall system may be able to use the man-pages if you just
> download and extract the man-page tarball.  (I'm not sure what's
> included in the tarball and what the firewall project has excised.)

That worked. I got a response from them including instructions on
downloading and installing the man-pages to the firewall version. Works
great now.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Fernando