Subject: Re: ok, starting to get it.
To: None <fernando@rxp.com>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2003 17:35:57
fernando@rxp.com wrote:
> 	Ok, I'm back at the office after a weekend of reading a few things here and
> there about NetBSD and reading all the good answers form you guys
> (re:differences between BSD's). It's starting to sink in.
>
> 	I wanted to work a little on it from home but quickly discovered that
> although I have cygwin on my win box, just typing ssh host wasn't going to
> do it. I forgot to check about what I needed at this end to log into it. :-\
> What server side command do I need to know to get it to listen for an in
> comming connection? What would I need to do to get it to run as a service?

Edit /etc/rc.conf and add the following line:

sshd=YES

Then edit the two configuration files in /etc/ssh (ssh_config and
sshd_config for the client and server respectively). The defaults are
probably what you want, although you may want to enable X forwarding.

Then go into /etc/rc.d and enter:

./sshd start

It should then generate the keys and start the sshd daemon. Of course
you will need to be root to do this.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)