Subject: Re: Tips for configuring X on an odd sized screen
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2003 15:41:35
> X now occupies the entire width of the screen, but it's still "wrapping"
> at the bottom. I've looked at the Linux on Laptops links for Digital
> machines, and it looks like a lot of them had a C&T chipset. At least
> one person noted that a bug in the C&T XFree driver meant the bottom of
> the screen appeared "wrapped" to them as well. That individual reckoned
> the (then unreleased) Xfree 4.2 would fix the problem. Appears not.

What exactly do you mean by 'wrapping at the bottom'?

Is the error in just a small number of lines?
Are the rest of the lines in about the correct place on the screen?
Are there undrawn lines at the top of the screen?
Is the first pixel of each line visible?
Is the last pixel of each line visible?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk